Thursday 5 June 2014

Sharing My Poetry

The poem I've written is titled: "Midnight Thoughts".
To share my poem with other people, I tried two different methods.


For the first method, I made a poster and encouraged readers to put on stickers to signify that they've read my poem.


I decided to make my way to Kerrisdale to display "Midnight Thoughts".

Along the way, I met my first reader.














In Kerrisdale:

 
 

What I found was that almost all of the people who bothered to stop by and read were old women. Young people just walked past without a glance, and old men looked for a little bit and walked past.

Going back home. I didn't get the views that I wanted and resorted to asking others passengers in the bus to read and put stickers.



After Kerrisdale, I asked the manager at my apartment building for permission to display my poster on the resident's message board for 3 days.



Other places I tried:
1. Oakridge mall - the security told me that I was not allowed to display anything in the mall and forced me to take it down..
2. Vancouver Public Library - The manager was not available, and there were security issues with taking pictures.





For the second method, I created a simple, silent video using pictures that I drew and putting captions. Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cITtanR1hPY&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment