Thursday 5 June 2014

Midnight Thoughts

In the wake of a solemn tranquility
My mind finds no stability.
Though I must rest in a hurry
It is during these nights that I start to worry.
“I forgot to give Suzy her money back.”
“I wonder if he’s still mad at me, that Jack.”
“What will happen next week?”
From trivial thoughts, bigger ones bespeak.

“Why do I always manage to blunder?”
“From all these misfortunes will I ever sunder?”
“Today I made the same mistake as yesterday, though I try.”
“Why does it always have to be this way?” I cry.
“Of the billions of souls that pass,
Am I nothing but an insignificant part of the mass?”
“What if I’ve done this?”
“I should have done this.”

An amalgam of thoughts is bombarding my head
Like missiles and bombs until I get up from my bed.
Then silence.
As I stare into that dark-blue night,
I somehow find comfort in the stars alight.
As I fall into a state of sleep,
I know that tomorrow night will repeat

The same midnight thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment